Father’s note: My son, Harrison, age four, has seen signs around the Waukee, Iowa area that read “Harrison for City Council.” These signs are for a gentleman named, Brian Harrison, who is ACTUALLY running for Waukee City Council. However, my son believes he is running and has come up with a platform of his own to improve life in Waukee.
The words below are Harrison’s – that’s… the four-year-old Harrison, who had no opening statement, merely the platforms he will be running on if elected.
- An indoor pool inside our house
- I want all the hobos to have houses
- I want an ice cream truck to deliver ice cream
- Bounce house in every house
- Get rid of Once Upon a Child and put a Happy Joe’s back there
- Outdoor movies in the park every night
- All the bees to die so they won’t sting anybody – no wasps either
- Do you know anywhere where a Disney World could move in somewhere close?
- The mean lady that mom was talking about – to be nice
- Get rid of the Veggie Monster and bring back Cookie Monster
I asked Harrison what would be the the first thing he would do if elected. He answered, “Follow my list!”
Father’s note: Anyone interested in learning more about the four-year old Harrison can like him on Facebook.
My apologies to Once Upon a Child, I’m sure you run a fabulous facility.
Here is a breakdown of all four ACTUAL candidates including Shane Blanchard, Mike Watts and Rick Peterson from the Des Moines Register.