This blog’s niche is that is doesn’t have one. I’ll talk about anything I find interesting, but mostly it will be about digital marketing, life exploration, marriage, fatherhood, networking, poetry, screenplays, sushi, bar-b-cue and whatever I find amusing.
This is where I start talking about myself in the third person in bullets no less. Please read the disclaimers at the bottom. I don’t want to have to apologize for being myself.
Josh Fleming – The Basics:
- Born, raised, survived and somehow escaped Miami, Florida at the age of 18.
- Graduated from Mizzou and is known to reconsider friendships if he discovers you went to Kansas.
- Spent a year in Flagstaff living the hippie lifestyle doing things mom will never be proud of.
- Married the love of his life, seriously fell in love at first site. He’d put her name on here but she wouldn’t like that, so don’t go Facebook creeping her.
- Somehow ended up in Des Moines, Iowa which feels more like home than Miami ever did.
- Yes, I have five kids, and yes, I know how it happens.
- Will not edit content of this website regardless of phone calls from Wendy Kelly to my wife about said content. : )
- Currently leading digital strategy and new business development at The Meyocks Group.
- Writes no code but has built a ton of Websites
- Guilty of starting AdMavericks.com, one of Iowa’s most read marketing blogs (which is like being my household’s tallest person)
- Guilty of starting Lessing-Flynn’s Battle of the Brands. Follow the hashtag of #LFBOTB any summer and catch the wave.
Josh Fleming – The Writer
- Wrote a screenplay called The Knot. Then renamed it Blackbird Roost. Hasn’t tried to sell it to anyone. Plans on entering screenplay contests, but never does.
- Working on two other screenplays, not enough time to finish any of them.
- Co-Founded DSM: SUSHIBOMB, a Des Moines event that celebrates sushi and Japanese culture.
- Fleming is not Japanese.
- Fleming collects sushi.
- “Like Bacon Fest – but sushier” -Joe Winn
- Fully recognizes that promoting a sushi event and eating a ton of sushi for charity isn’t fair to other people. Gets over it.
Josh Fleming – Easily Amused
- Spends way too much time on YouTube.
- Finds amazing stuff with no where else to put it – so he puts it here.
- Would be Tosh.O but red heads who collect bar-b-cue and are pushing 40 aren’t in demand. Plus he’s not that funny.
Why this blog?
- Dude’s gotta have an outlet.
- Linkedin, while somewhat valuable, doesn’t cut it.
- Facebook has too much format.
- If you blink on Twitter, you miss it.
Disclaimers. (Back to first person)
- If you’re thinking of hiring The Meyocks Group for your marketing work, don’t let this dissuade you.
- I think I’m mildly successful because I do in fact – keep it real. Don’t like it, don’t read it. No hard feelings.
- Mom, your comments are welcomed on the family posts. I know what’s not appropriate. Love ya!
- If you’re some random that stumbled here because I tag the crap out of everything, then amen, brother or sister, nice to meet ya. Let me know what you like, what you don’t, and why I should pay attention to what you’re doing.